Joint Base Charleston Real Estate

Charleston Military - Why List Your Home with a Realtor?

March 26th, 2011 7:45 PM by Jodie Ford

Some Charleston home sellers think they can go it alone…. Why pay a Realtor when all they do is list the property on the MLS and stick a sign in the yard! Sound familiar???

While some home owners are able to successfully sell their home without the help of a Realtor, it is rarely the case. According to the National Association of Realtors, more than 70% of For Sale by Owner listings fail to sell.

Most sellers need a Realtor. The challenge is convincing them of this before they’ve wasted valuable time and money by waiting too long.

As the saying goes….You get what you pay for. And it’s not about what you pay; it’s about what you net. Did you know that a recent study showed people who use Realtors to sell their home, net 16% more than FSBOs who sell themselves? And this includes the typical 6% commission paid to the Realtor.

Also, statistics shows that only 2% of homes are sold by FSBO and 98% are sold by Realtors. Do you want a 98% chance of selling your home or 2% chance?

Especially in today’s Charleston military market, it takes expertise to get a property sold. An owner can try it by themselves, but will often end up turning to a Realtor for help……after wasting valuable time.

Bottom Line - Selling a house is not as easy as it may look….. and it involves a lot more than just listing a house on the MLS and sticking a sign in the yard. A good Realtor will pre-qualify buyers, advertise your property, arrange showings, prepare the contract and follow up on inspections and financing.

Hire the best Charleston AFB Realtor to sell your property, and everyone wins. The right Realtor will do everything necessary to get the job done and sell your Charleston home for the highest price.



About Military Homes of Charleston
Military Homes of Charleston is part of the Exit Realty Charleston Group and is a full-service real estate team based in Charleston, SC. We understand the appeal of living in Charleston and the challenges that come with moving to a new neighborhood or state. So whether you’re looking to buy a dream property or sell one, we can help.

Charleston AFB Real Estate, Charleston AFB Real Estate For Sale, Charleston AFB SC, Joint Base Charleston, Joint Base Charleston Real Estate

Posted in:General
Posted by Jodie Ford on March 26th, 2011 7:45 PM

Archives:

My Favorite Blogs:

Sites That Link to This Blog:


English French German Portuguese Spanish