January 18th, 2017 8:33 AM by Jodie Ford
How to Buy Your Next Joint Base Charleston Home, Courtesy of the IRS
Turn your tax refund into home ownership! Here is how to buy a house with some help from your tax refund.
1. Check your credit report. For the most accurate credit score, check with Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion.
2. File your taxes as early as possible. When it comes to getting a refund sooner, processing times for tax returns are typically shorter if you can avoid the rush of last minute filers. If you receive any refund at all, the general principle still stands. That refund can be the cornerstone of your down payment savings.
3. Budget. Look at your income and expenses to determine two things. The first is how much you can save each month in your current situation. And second, determine how much of a monthly mortgage payment your income will bear.
4. Compare quotes from multiple lenders. Shop mortgage lenders and get pre-approved.
5. Start house hunting with your agent. We are here to guide you through the remainder of the home buying process. This is the fun part! Don't wait another day to start looking for your next home.